Friday, February 19, 2010

February is Crazier than January.

So, at the beginning of January I tried out for a play at the Orphan Girl. I got several supporting roles (only one has lines) and ever since then has been crazier than I could have ever imagined. The past six weeks have been some of the most hectic of my life, but opening night tonight was worth every bit of it. More than once, I came home in tears because being the oldest was hard and the other girls closest to my age were stick thin. Realizing I was chosen for one of my parts because I am larger was definitely a blow to my happiness, but it's all good now. I have been invited back by the Costume Director to help with costumes and kids next production, which should be fun. :) I prefer being crew vs cast anyway. The play runs for another week, so this should be grand and tiring. So that's me for the month of February.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Mom told me that your play went great. i liked being in plays, but they do demand a lot of your time...You are a great shape. Be happy with who you are because since being at college, I've learned that boys like girls with more meat on their bones and don't like "sticks"

Ann said...

I'm glad things went well. Hooray for you on going for what you want. And you are not large, just healthy. What fun would it be if you were always worrying about what you ate and things like that? Not much fun I tell you. Be kind to yourself.