Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Been A While

So I haven't posted on here in ages it seems like. So I thought I'd give you a quick update. Things are going swell. We love Maine. It is beautiful and the people we've met are really nice. Dan is enjoying teaching at the university and all of his colleagues are super. It has its moments of stress and busyness, but overall is a good experience. Cole is actually growing. He has inordinate amounts of energy and keeps us going every minute. He loves to read and help me with the dishes. Andrew is a born climber and I get tired of fetching him down off our steep stairs a million times a day. But I'm convinced he's part mountain goat or something. It's in his soul and there is no stopping him. I am enjoying the beautiful fall season of New England. It has only begun and is extremely gorgeous. I love fall; it is my favorite season. I absolutely love the reds and yellows and oranges.

Dan and I have callings in our new ward which are ones that neither of us have done before. I serve as the CTR 6 teacher in primary, which is an adventure sometimes. I have two little girls and I confess I don't know what to do with them sometimes. I am used to working with boys. I did cub scouts for a year and with my men at home, that's what I'm used to. I guess I'll figure it out. Dan serves as the ward music director. Basically, they want him to start up a functioning choir. He also has been called to be the 11 year old scout leader. I think he is a little nervous since he know nothing about scouting, as he has never done any of it. He will be great though.

Anyway, I think I have rambled on long enough and need to get my bread in the oven. Later.

3 comments:

April said...

Yeah!!! Thanks for the phone call today. CTR 6/7 was one of my first callings when we moved to California and I had the toughest time. I remember one little boy tying his shoes to his chair, and then he couldn't get them untied when it was time to leave for sharing time. Fun times!

Unknown said...

It sounds like things are going great! I had CTR 6 and I had to keep the chairs about six inches apart and have two rows several feet apart and that seemed to help. I also kept an empty chair up front and asked them to pretend that the prophet or another important figure was sitting there listening to the lesson. That was also effective, especially when I put a picture there too.

Jill said...

i'm jealous. i love primary kids. they are so fun to teach. a little bit of a handful, but fun.