Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A marble board!!!





A couple of years ago, I was on a crazed, determined quest to acquire a marble board for our family. You may remember all my solicitations for help, after attempts to find one online failed. Jill and I pieced all the details together (confirmed them with Matt, who had a marble board--still does) and I set out to make my own board. Kade and I were in the process of selling our first home, and we didn't have the proper tools, but we managed to throw something together really quick, using the biggest drill bit he had for his drill, to placate me for the moment. We sold our home, moved into our new one, spent the summer getting organized, then with a very busy school year and being pregnant with Joshua, the marble board was pushed to the back. Well, thanks to Mary, who is on her own quest to own an elusive marble board, she resurrected my quest, and I've succeeded. We don't have many woodworking tools, and didn't know what to do about not having a drill press. We finally solved the problem this time by finding a drill bit which attaches to Kade's typical drill, that does the job perfectly, and lets you bypass having to have access to a drill press. I finally finished staining and sealing the board yesterday, so we played on the board last night. Everyone loved it (we had played before on my makeshift board a couple of years ago, but this time was fabulous.) Sorry for the long post. I've included photos of the first board, and my new one. Anyway, there's hope if you're interested in the same thing. Just get in touch with me for some details:)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Okay, I'm impressed. I'd like to put in my order. Cole would thoroughly enjoy this game because he loves marbles.

Amber said...

YAY!

Jill said...

I'd like to place an order as well, that is if you are taking orders.