Friday, August 29, 2008

Petersen Update







Okay I decided to play the game I play with my visiting teaching supervisor each month. I always try to call her to report my visiting teaching before she has to call me. Unfortunately some months she cheats and calls early because she's going out of town. How does this relate to Chick Chat, you might ask?! Well, I was desperately trying to beat Jill before she sent out "the e-mail" encouraging us to do our Stevensly duty and update our lives.
So, here goes. Kade finished counseling for summer school August 7, HCE started back to school on August 11, we celebrate our 13th anniversary August 18, and Kade started work August 25. We did manage to squeeze in some fun family activities amidst all the schoolness in our lives. We toured the Jelly Belly factory and ate a year's supply of jelly bellies in one weekend, swam a bunch at "Uncle Mike's," camped in the backyard, played at one of our favorite mountain lakes, and went grocery shopping as a family of seven twice, and 24-7 Olympics and sleepless nights. I also attempted a couple of wild outings with my five by myself. We had a nice break from year-round karate (actually tae kwan doe), skipped ballet pretty much the whole month, enjoyed a full month of cub scouts for Caleb (what an awesome program for little boys!--I can see that, now that I'm the mom of one--I didn't have a clue the few short months I was a leader when Caleb was 6 months old) and Activity Days for Haleigh, Elise, Maryn and Joshua (I'm the leader), and some more landscaping of the side yard (our secret garden).

I think that covers it. If you want more details you can visit my blog at http://www.kapandcompany.blogspot.com/. I look forward to reading all your updates too. And, by the way, I'm still waiting to hear the details of the Trout Creek trip. Ann alluded to the fact in her comment, I noticed, that she heard some of the scoop.

No comments: