Friday, September 5, 2008

The Monsooned Barretts

Things are going well in Arizona. We are all alive and out of jail as Mom would say. Andrew is getting bigger. He is now seven weeks old. He had his one month checkup on Wednesday (Sept. 3). He weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds, 14 ounces and 23 inches long. He is growing like a weed. Much to my dismay, we learned at his doctor visit that he has a milk allergy. So I get to cut out of my diet anything made with milk or soy. That pretty much wipes out my entire diet. I'm trying to look at it as a great weight loss program (if I don't die first). Also, just as an FYI since I know know one will be able to make it to this far away desert land, we are going to bless Andrew this Sunday, Sept. 7. It should be interesting with the circle just including Dan and the bishop, maybe his counselors will join in. Anyway, I need to go in search of a blessing outfit for him.

Cole is getting bigger every day. My little pickle is growing up too fast. It's kind of sad in a way. I don't want my little ones to grown up and ever leave. But I guess it is inevitable. Cole also received his first shaving of his hair. That's right all of his beautiful locks are gone. It is just way too hot for him with all that hair. I shed some tears and now we are trying to move on with our lives. Cole is still all about ball. We've added new sports to the mix since our good old Olympic days. Volleyball is a new favorite these days. Dan started back to school on August 25 and I'm not excited about that. But hey, this is our second to last semester so we'll make it. I'm just cruising along, feeding Andrew all day long, getting ready for some cooler weather.

Speaking of weather, we enjoyed a monsoon on Thursday evening. It was rather unnerving to tell the truth. Our neighborhood was hit hard. There were 75-80 mile per hour winds with gusts up to 100 miles per hour. We lost at least 12 huge trees along our street with many more losing large branches. Our street was closed down because there were several giant trees fallen across the road. We lost our power for about four hours. So I was changing diapers by candlelight. Fortunately, we didn't experience any damage except for losing our beloved trees outside our apartment. Anyway, it was rather crazy, but we survived. Other than that, things are really pretty uneventful. Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

April said...

That looks like one crazy storm! Glad you and your personal property survived. Cole is SO handsome with his new haircut. I love it. And what a little Dan, Jr., you have in Andrew. So cute! Glad you're doing well.

April said...

Oh I forgot to mention the food allergy. I would DIE without milk. Our family goes through five or six gallons a week. I guess you do what you have to do though. I like the positive thinking though.