Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Belated Update

Sorry I have been so late in posting something. Our lives have been pretty uneventful until the last week so you really haven't missed out on much.
Well, two weeks ago, Justin finished up summer school, and we headed to the mountains for some rest and relaxation. I posted on my own blog all about that so if you want to read about our dead moose find and Warm river adventure, you'll have to go there to find out about it. It was a wonderful weekend for camping and did the trick for us. Then we spent a few days getting ready for our trip to California.
We drove down to Jane's late Tuesday night (I ended up having to get a new drivers' lisence so we got behind schedule), and then we flew out to Sacramento early Wednesday morning. We got to see all of Justin's immediate family (his mom, dad, brother, and his sister's family), and a good chunk of his extended family. We also got to spend time with April and her family which was so great.
Everyday we were in a new location in California so it was an interesting trip. Wednesday we spent in Sacramento and Vacaville, Thursday we spent in Concord and San Fransisco, Friday we spent in Manteca with April, and Saturday we spent in Berkley.
It was so good to spend time with April and the kids even if it was only for a few short hours. Joshua is so adorable, and I can't believe how big the rest of her kids have gotten. They are such good kids, and so different from each other in personality. We wished we could have spent the night at least, but with so much family in one area but different locations, we were pretty stretched for time in any one location.
For those of you who have never visited Berkley California, you're in for an interesting adventure if you ever do. I saw a man walking down a street in nothing but his underwear, and let's just say they weren't boxers. I also have never seen so many Obama signs, peace signs, and women's lib signs in my life. And talk about the pedestrians and bikers. They were all over the place. The streets are all super narrow and windy. It's like uptown Butte times three. I couldn't believe some of those streets.
we flew back in very very late Sunday night and stayed at Jane's one more time. A tragedy struck while I was eating my breakfast. I watched Jane's pet rabbit, oreo, get malled by a cat. It happened so fast while I was looking out the window that I didn't have time to do anything, that and I didn't even know that it was Jane's rabbit. Jane has declared war on the stray cats in her neighborhood, and I don't blame her.
We ended our trip with a stop at the Army surplus store outside of Idaho Falls. Justin thought he had died and gone to heaven. I really liked the store too. I do believe that whoever I get for Christmas this year will be receiving a present from the Army Surplus store.
All in all it was a whirlwind of a trip, and though it was good to go somewhere different for a change, I was never so glad to get back to my little home. My feet had swelled up to gigantic proportions, and I was starting to think that they would never go down, but with my return to rural, quiet, cold rexburg, my feet are back to normal.
Sorry i have no pictures of our trip. We don't have a camera, but hope to be purchasing one soon. Let us know of any recommendations you have.

3 comments:

April said...

I'm glad you arrived safely back to Idaho. I was worried about you catching your flight. Did you make it or did you have to catch a later one. Our visit was far too short. But I'm so glad we had a few hours together. It was fun to visit and get to know Justin better. Good to hear your feet have returned to normal, as normal as a preggo lady's body can be. There are definitely some whacked out places in California. That's why I like the Central Valley where we live. Of course, I guess other states have their spots too, filled with extreme lifestyles (polygamists in southern Utah, militia groups in Northern Idaho and Montana...)

Unknown said...

This site is amazing! Its great to read about everyone, thanks for letting us keep up with you!

Ann said...

Sounds like you had quite the trip. You've got to love those whirlwind trips that encompass so much territory in so little time. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now that you're back in good ol' Rexburg.