Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Virginia Stevens-February '09

Shannon's Favorites...
1. Favorite Dessert--CHOCOLATE-in almost any form-cheesecake, cupcake, icecream...
2. Favorite Pair of Shoes - flip flops, because they're the closest thing to bare feet without having my skin touch icky things in the road
3. Favorite Board or Card Game- I guess Scrabble or something like that, but we often play on the Wii-I know it's an evil video game, but there's nothing like looking like an idiot to prove that you love your children.
4. Favorite Book or Movie - I definitely can't pick a favorite here. I LOVE to read, and it really depends on my mood. We'd exceed our bandwith if I even tried to start listing favorites.

So now you know a little bit about me...otherwise, our family is doing the same old thing. We work, go to school, swim, eat dinner, go to bed, and do it all again the next day. We did finally break down and let Cody get a cellphone. We are so not in favor of young kids having cellphones, but he comes home to an empty house each afternoon for about 20 minutes. I'm a huge worrywart, so...hence, it had to be done. He pretty much has no freedom on the thing. Don't tell him though, because he doesn't know just how limited it is. ; )

All three of the boys actually made honor roll in the same grading period. That was strange. Poor Hunter usually struggles with that, but he's started kicking some butt. Parker always makes straight As and could probably use a little humbling. Cody just finished taking his first semester exams. I don't remember exams in sixth grade. It's nuts!

Matt and I are pretty much the same-thankfully that includes being employeed for the time being. Our school district, like many others, is working on a limited budget. Luckily, special ed teachers are some of the last to go. Thank heavens for the IDEA.

Well, that's all folks! I hope y'all are doing great and that February brings many wonderful things for you and your families.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad things are going well. Please tell Cody thanks for fasting for Cole. It helped.