Friday, June 27, 2008

Ann

1. UPDATE: Not much to report here. We have now entered the unbearably hot season with temperatures over 110 degrees everyday. I think last week it was 113 degrees every day. Needless to say at 7 1/2 months pregnant I am melting. Cole and I are confined to the house all day every day (not much fun). We try to reconstitute ourselves with popsicles and ice cream. I only have 6 weeks left of being pregnant. In some ways I can't wait, in others I think extra month or two would be good. We were able to attend a major league baseball game last week (a first for all of us). Dan's team, the Oakland A's were in town playing the local team. So for Dan and Cole's sake, we splurged and went to the ballpark (for a three hour game, not my ideal way to spend an afternoon, but since my boys were in heaven, I was happy to oblige and spend the experience with them). Let's see...other than that not much has happened. I got stung by a wasp (or something ferocious) for the first time in 15 years and ended up with 2 mosquito bites.

RECIPE: So currently nothing sounds good, so I'm having trouble thinking of a favorite recipe. But pizza can usually hit the spot and since we just had it last night it is fresh in my mind. So here is one of my favorite pizza crust recipes.
From the Taste of Home's Prize Winning Recipes CRUST:
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water; add oil. Combine whole wheat flour, sugar and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Punch dough down. Pat onto the bottom and 1 in. up the side of a greased 14 in. pizza pan. Then just add your sauce and toppings and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. NOTE: Sometimes I make this dough completely with all-purpose flour and without any wheat flour. Either way puts out a thick, yummy crust.



1 comment:

Haleigh P. said...

I'm going to try that recipe. You poor people, living in the desert! This is one reason why I will never live in the desert. Even if they're paying big bucks to anyone who lives in the desert!