Friday, June 27, 2008

Toni


- Toni -
Update: I practically took the entire month of May off from work, spending 2 1/2 months with April & her family in CA and then a few days up in Montana for Jordan's graduation. I think I should take 3 weeks of vacation EVERY month. Work 1, off 3. I like it!
Anyway, work was pretty slow for a while, but then I did some crazy things (not really, they just kind of happened) and now I'm involved in some, shall we say interesting?, projects at work that involve driving 2 hours out to the middle of nowhere at least once a week. Sometimes I have to spend the night and then come back after work the next day. Let's just say that my life has become rather interesting lately.
Mom has made me overly paranoid about food storage (so much that I couldn't sleep one night--I was trying to figure out how to get my year's supply in one week and where on earth you buy a wheat grinder). Anyway, I want you all to know that I ordered a TON of stuff from the distribution center (I think I have about a 4-month supply already) as well as an emergency evacuation kit (this kit comes with pretty much everything you can imagine in it). So, I think I can maybe start sleeping again. Well, maybe not--I still need a wheat grinder : )
Last but not least, I think the most exciting thing that has happened in the past couple of weeks is that my roommate Christene and I drove to Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Neither of us had ever been to Manti and we had no idea how to get there. Despite the fact that our Mapquest directions had a wrong turn in them, we still managed to find the remote metropolis of Manti and were able to watch the pageant. It was great! I didn't like getting home at 1:30 am Friday morning, however, because I had to get up and go to work after that.



recipe: well, I don't really want to type out a recipe, so I'll give you a quick version of something I really enjoy. I think they're called Chinese sundaes or Hawaiian haystacks or something like that. Anyway, you make some rice. Then you make some cream of chicken soup (I usually don't dilute it as much as the soup calls for--you don't want it incredibly runny). Then you pour some of the cream of chicken stuff on the rice. I melt cheddar cheese on it and then I dump some green onions on top. Sometimes I load it with chow mein noodles as well. I believe some people put pineapple & coconut on it but that disgusts me so I don't do it. And there you have it!

No comments: