Saturday, July 26, 2008

Games from the past

Okay, so I failed to weigh in the first time on the activities we Stevens youngsters enjoyed in the good old days. I noticed that no one mentioned the classic "Buffalo Jump." What an iconic example of pure genius. And what about deer: that fabulous cross between dodgeball and baseball--did we really use rocks sometimes instead of a ball!!!!!! And I'll never forget using the two hinged windows on the porch as restaurant "walk-up" windows; the porch also carrying the label of what I guess would be considered a time-out for me and Mary when we were up way past our bedtime "tittering" while Dad watched TV. Of course, we just "tittered" some more once we were out there. Isn't that the word they used? APRIL

1 comment:

Jill Day said...

I'm so glad that you posted about the "walk up windows" because I was telling justin about them just earlier in the day. so funny.