Friday, July 25, 2008

Jill

We spent Indendence Day in Butte doing the usual routine of fireworks and parade...and then we visited the Dobb family reunion. I already posted about graduation and I think everybody knows by now that I'm having a girl...I think that is all the eventful things going on in our lives.

One of my favorite childhood games was black car. I don't remember the older kids playing it with us so I'll describe it just in case. Some one rode around the front yard on the pac man bike, and this was the "black car," and I think it represented a kidnapper maybe a murderer. If you got tagged by the "black car" you were out of the game. I think the porch was a safety zone. I guess "black car" was our morbid twist to tag.

Mary, Toni, Amber, and I were talking about old memories about growing up and such, and we were talking about the songs that grandma used to sing to us. I found some sound clips on the internet for An Eastbound Train and I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. I thought you might to listen so here are the links.
An Eastbound Train: http://maxhunter.missouristate.edu/1153/index.html
I'm foerever blowing bubbles: http://bubbleblowers.com/music/Music.html
(click on one of the version to the right to listen)

1 comment:

April said...

Thanks for sharing the links for those songs, Jill. I remember the black car too, but I think we "older kids" did something with it differently.