Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Posting

First of all, I have to say I am so proud of you all for posting and keeping this blog going. It is wonderful to see all the comments.
Second, if you haven't checked out Ann's blog, you should because the funniest little video of Cole and his French horn is posted on there, and it is hilarious. Justin and I laughed so hard over it. Justin made me play it two or three times. We just couldn't get over it. I think we're going to have to invest in a webcam....
Third, yesterday Justin and I had one of Justin's friends over for dinner last night. As we were getting ready, I hurried and washed, dried, and put away the few dishes we had left over from dinner the night before. Well, our guest came and after he had gone, Justin looked around at the sink and the counters like he was confused. I asked him what he was looking for. He said "where "What dishes? And why on earth would dishes be in the oven?" I asked.
"Weren't there dishes from last night?"
"Yes, I washed them and put them away before Robbie got here."
I guess he hadn't realized that I had done that, and he thought that I hidden the dirty dishes in the oven so I wouldn't be embarrassed by them when Robbie came over. I thought that was the funniest thing ever. Whoever heard of hiding dishes in the oven...well, apparently that's what Justin's mom did sometimes when they had dirty dishes and people would come over. I guess it also backfired a couple times, and they forgot the dishes were in the oven. Then they would go to bake something, and preheat the oven, and some plastic dishes got melted. I thought this was so funny I had to share it with the rest of you.
Lastly, I think the reunion is a great idea. Justin votes for a camping trip. I'm fine with whatever. I'm really excited about it.

2 comments:

Stevens Chick Chat said...

Yeah, dishes in the oven. I have to admit, I do it all the time. Just ask Toni. And it does occasionally backfire. Several months ago I melted my strainer in there when I forgot I had put dishes in there. What a mess. But if you need a last minute cleanup before unexpected company shows up, it works.

Stevens Chick Chat said...

Okay, so the comment just posted was by me.

Ann