Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nicknames

When Kade, his siblings, and cousins were growing up, his maternal grandmother gave them each nicknames, that everyone remembers and still talks about today. Anyway, Kade's mother wants to continue the tradition and so lately, the family has been bouncing around nicknames for all my MIL's grandchildren, and even her children-in-law. That got me thinking about us growing up. I know Mom and Dad weren't in to nicknames, (at least for me, I should say,) but Grandma always called me Brownie. Did any of you have nicknames from our parents or grandparents while growing up? Just curious and trying to fill in large gaps in my gray matter.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Grandma used to call me "blond angel" sometimes. Other than that, I don't recall any nicknames.

Jill Day said...

sometimes mom me jill pill and i think everyone at some point has called me jilly bean...grandma had some choice nicknames for john if i remember right, but i don't think they're appropriate to pass along

Stevens Chick Chat said...

Grandma called me "Smurf" for a while, but that's all I can really remember. I used to call her "G-ma" sometimes. -Toni-

Stevens Chick Chat said...

Mom and Shane called me Ambee, and occasionally Mom still calls me Ambee Mae, but I only allow her and one other nameless person to call me that.

Jill Day said...

I called, and still do call, Amber "Miss Mae" I also remember calling her amburger, but she didn't like that. Also I remember calling Ann, Anny Fanny and Toni, Toni Balogna. Oh yeah and Matt called me Rhino for some reason...